Together we weave
Keeping everyone up to date
Thank you for your email on Monday. Your feedback is heard. How about if I address each of your concerns to the best of my ability.
1) We are very pleased that we are all in agreement that we should join together as one Spiritual Family, and that a building new to both of us is the best option. As I said to you on the phone, we have grown to appreciate and love one another.
2) You listed Unity GR's perceived negatives of the Cascade Church as follows:
• The building outside needs repair (this is answered in Phase 1)
• The parking lot is inadequate (right now it has 60+ spaces and will be expanded to 100+ spaces}.
• The very large tree in front of the building needs to be removed (it will be in Phase 1).
• The Sanctuary is too small. Right now it can hold 65+ people.
• The Classrooms are addressed in Phase 2. We will have the help of Diane Venzera, and we hope Lisa White.
• An elevator is planned for easy access to the downstairs.
• The heating system will be serviced where necessary.
3) We know that the building needs to be repaired. We have had a professional inspection and Builders giving us their opinions. Our own Bill Bussey, Ray Jaglowski, and Bill Perkins, who have considerable experience in building maintenance and repair, have prioritized and budgeted the work that needs to be completed.
The Project will be in Three Phases:
* Repair the Boiler.
* Remove the Trees (including the Sycamore) and Vegetation from the building perimeter (minimum).
* Establish a pest control program.
* Replace windows, new siding, doors, roof overhang repair.
* Entry walkway repair.
• Drywall finishing downstairs
• Upgrade electrical Service
• Lighting up and down
• Kitchen island
• Add bathrooms upstairs
• AV install
• Clean downstairs floors
• Paint downstairs for activities including a children's program
• Elevator planned
• Landscape the building perimeter
• Resurface the parking lot
• Air Conditioning installed
• Electronic Sign
• Hill Cleanup and Landscape
• Outside access from main level to lower level (stairs?)
• Expansion of the parking lot
• Expansion of Sanctuary
• New Entry
In regard to continuing to look for a different location - We have spent over a year in this endeavor, and thus far Cascade has been our best option. Discussions and looking continues, however after all this searching we feel that now is the time to focus on the job at hand. This means to begin the work to complete our new Church Home.
We are all looking forward to our weekend with Greg Coles, and meeting with our friends at Unity GR.
Unity Center for Spiritual Growth (Ada)
We want to keep everyone informed on the latest information about the two churches merging. This page is dedicated to all current board messages.
Unity of Grand Rapids
1711 Walker Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Mailing address: PO Box 141663
Grand Rapids, MI 49514
1711 Walker Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Alternate entrance located on Seymour, off Richmond.